Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I love you Dad





For all of you that have been reading my blog, I just wanted to let you know that my dad passed away Tuesday night here at home with all of us by his side. It has been a long 6 months, and an especially difficult last week, but we are doing the best we can and continuing to love and carry each other just as my dad wanted us to do. It has been an extremely emotional and exhausting couple days as we have been sharing memories and stories of my dad, discussing fears and frustrations and hopes, and praying that we can all find some peace and acceptance in this time to help get us through in the days to come. 
             
We will be having a memorial service for my dad this Saturday morning, July 9,  at Grace United Methodist Church (163 W. Frederick St, Millersville, PA 17551). The memorial service will start at 10am with a visitation hour prior to the service from 9-10am. 
              
I don't even know what else to say at this time except how freaking proud I am to be the daughter of Ken Walkowiak. He amazed all of us with the incomprehensible amount of courage, strength, and dignity that he had while he fought this unbelievably brutal disease. He has inspired me to be that kind of person, and even in the little things that build character, I have already found myself taking them on with a new, stronger perspective. My heart aches as I miss my dad so much already, but his love will forever live on in me and in all of you that he has touched and inspired in his lifetime. I can't thank you all enough for your love and support for me and my family. 



No comments:

Post a Comment