I’ve been wanting to get my hair colored darker for a little while now and wasn’t really sure why. I started to panic thinking about it as time went by since it meant I’d be saying goodbye to my blonde curls. But then I started to think about the decision on a deeper level a couple days before my hair appointment and I realized why I wanted to make this change...I guess it is also the reason that made me do it despite my reservations. I thought about the last 6 months and all that my dad endured. He did it all with such bravery and grace, and as the end came near he still fought each day without complaints. Although he was afraid, he continued fighting and it was like nothing else I have ever witnessed before in my life. I’ve realized that watching him battle his cancer has helped me want to strive to be like him. To take things, big and small, and face them head on with hope and courage. I know this is just a small thing but to me it means so much more, and instead of crying like I might have in the past when I saw how dark my hair turned out, I smiled and felt proud to have this new sense of motivation and will to take on challenges from a fresh perspective. I love my dad so much and although he favored my blonde “curly locks”, I know he’d see me today and say, “Looks cute, Kate!” I know that dad was with me and will continue to help drive me to hopefully one day do big and great things that I never would have done if it weren’t for what he taught me.
![]() |
| My new do! |
I got a little excited with the camera the first day it was brown :)
![]() |
| Kisses from Calvin :-* |
![]() |
| Me and my love <3 |
*Thank you to Jen Harnish at Trans4mation Salon in Lancaster for doing an awesome job!!*



No comments:
Post a Comment