Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Do Something Productive!!

            So being on this night schedule is a bit overrated. My body has completely gotten used to sleeping all day and staying up all night. It sucks. I’m tired, nauseous, and always confused about what day it is. Thank God for facebook (did I really just say that??) or I don’t know what I would do with myself on these long lonely nights. Someone needs to kick me in the butt and tell me to do something more productive!
            Recently, I’ve been getting more motivated to start up with drawing and painting again. I’m by no means a great artist, but it is one of my favorite escapes…just turn on some music, get in my zone, and focus. So tonight, after all of my other night shift facebook friends finally signed off between 2 and 3 am, I thought, OK, what now? So here I sit, at 0620 am, feeling quite proud of myself for doing some artwork instead of wasting more time facebook stalking! 
            Here’s a peek at my rough draft of Calvin that I worked on tonight (I can't figure out if it is cute or creepy...I'm thinking so far kinda creepy) along with some other drawings from the last few months! Sorry Ker, it’s the best I could do at 5am…

My rough draft of Calvin...the only way you can really tell it's him is by the tongue sticking out :)

More close up of  his face



My first drawing that I did for my painting class this past summer...this lead to many attempted and failed paintings :(
Clover!



Random owl.




No comments:

Post a Comment