Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mmmm...Donuts!

I’ve had a new revelation recently. I always kind of wondered (but never really hoped to find out) how I would respond in an extremely stressful situation. Would I be a stress eater or would I be one of those people who are too depressed to even consider attempting to put food in their mouths? Well, I’ve had a hunch over the last several months as I catch myself sneaking another bite of peanut butter cake or maybe just three more Dove chocolates, ok, four more, but that’s it. My hunch tells me that I just might enjoy comfort food a little bit too much ... :D
Today I hit my ultimate low. As I pulled on my favorite pair of jeans, I saw something plop onto the carpet. Oooo a quarter! Yes, the small things excite me these days... But no, I couldn’t be that lucky. I realized as I attempted to button my pants that this task is quite impossible when you are missing your button. I reached down to find my lonely little button laying on the floor next to me. If you can picture the facebook frownie face, that was the look I gave my sad little button as I held it up, looked down at my jeans, and reluctantly changed into my cozy sweat pants. I angrily glared at my button, yelled “you freakin‘ defective thing!”, and chucked the button aside.  With my comfy pair of elastic waisted pants, a satisfied smile on my face, and a rumble in my belly, I tossed my stupid jeans across the room and went to the kitchen for just one more cookie.





2 comments:

  1. I can picture this whole thing happening. AND your expressions to go with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks Mo :) If anyone could, it would be you! You know me pretty well :) Love you friend

    ReplyDelete