We have been at home now for a little more then one week. Every time I attempt to write what I'm feeling I find it impossible to sum it all up into actual words. Words are so hard for me to find right now when all that's there are feelings. A roller coaster of emotions and feelings that consume me from the moment I open my eyes in the morning to the second my head hits the pillow at night. Even then, I still feel consumed by it all while I'm sound asleep and dreaming or waking in the middle of the night worried that something's wrong. How do you even begin to put all of that into words??
So for now I will keep it short, and I'll continue to work on a more insightful post :) In the time that Mike and I have been at home so far, one positive of it all is the time we are getting to spend with my family. Since Keri and Angus are home too, what comes along with that is the joy that we all get from watching Calvin learn and play and grow. I have been blessed to feel even closer to my nephew in this one short week that we have all been crammed in one house together. He smiles when I walk in the room, laughs when I tickle his neck, hides his face in my shoulder when a stranger says hello, is fascinated by my curls, and has started to cry when I leave the room. Not only does he bring me joy, but he is a little light in his Poppy's day and I am so thankful that he gives my dad hope and smiles and strength. It's amazing that this one tiny person can fill a house with so much love.
 |
| Lighting Poppy up |
 |
A new favorite activity...
Climbing on aunt Katy |
 |
| Playing with my hair :) |
 |
| So happy |
 |
| Meeting the cows at the Pine View Dairy |
 |
| This face sums up what he thinks of cows... |
 |
| Introducing him to the infamous pretzel cones. Delish. |
 |
| Bonding with uncle Mike |
 |
| Getting ready for his first dip in the pool |
 |
| Not so sure... |
 |
| He found out it isn't so bad |
 |
Pop Pop and his little "humpty".
 |
| Grandmom, Calvin and Poppy |
"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do, but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
|
Hi Katy,
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing these amazing pictures. I have been following your blog and the journey your family has been on. Unfortunately we too know this experience all too well...but just wanted you to know that we are praying for continued strength and courage. Please let me know if there is anything I can to do help out. I would be more than happy to do anything I can.
Carey Martin Bender
Thanks so much Carey for your thoughts and prayers and encouragement. It means so much to me and all of us!
ReplyDelete